Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Swing

Ok, here is the first overview of the project. This is what I got provisionally accepted by my supervisor.

"In this project I plan to create a program that can be used to genetically create a controller for entities in a simulated environment. My goal is for it to be as independent as possible. The end user should be able genetically create any entity for any language for any virtual environment with out touching my code. All they should have to do is pass the program the structure of acceptable outputs, possible acceptable calls, a .cmd that will compile the created entities and a .cmd that will run the entities in the environment and return fitness. It is also my intention to make the system distributed allowing generations to be passed off to other systems potentially exponentially increasing run time."

Ignoring the poor English, vague descriptions and technical failings; you can see what I'm getting at. My hope is that it'll keep me interested and willing to code. While I have worked on projects this large before, i've never had one that going to be streched over this length on time. While I'm all keen now. Will I be willing to stay up till 4am in six months time to work on it?

We'll find out.

I have a meeting next Monday with my supervisor. It'll be the first chance I'll have to properly go over the technical specs with him. Lets see how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment